The costs listed below are valid from 1 June 2021 and apply to local connections and remote connections to VIX. For reseller connections, the costs are determined and charged by the reseller.
|Service||Details||Costs (excl. 20 % VAT)|
|Setup||one-time costs (once per contract)||1,000 EUR|
|VIX Switch Port||3 Gbps (10GBASE-LR)||300 EUR per month|
|10 Gbps (10GBASE-LR)||400 EUR per month|
|30 Gbps (100GBASE-LR4)||800 EUR per month|
|100 Gbps (100GBASE-LR4)||1,600 EUR per month|
These costs include the cross-connection at the locations VIX1 (University of Vienna) and VIX2 (Interxion).
Other port types on request - these are subject to availability and feasibility.
The setup fee is only charged when the contract is first concluded, but not for changes to existing contracts.
20 % discount for dual-site connections (VIX1+VIX2 or VIX1+VIX3) may be requested if
- both connections are equal speed,
- the participant is operating both connections in load-sharing mode,
- the participant is applying Site-Specific BGP Communities,
- the connection speed is 10 Gbps or 100 Gbps,
- the load per port does not repeatedly exceed 80 %,
- one of the two locations is VIX1 (University of Vienna), and
- the port is not a reseller port.