VIX-Participants have access to a detailed traffic flow analysis in the portal area.
You can view the following statistics:
- Live-view of data amounts between two routerports
- Aggregated ISP to ISP Graphs
- Top 5 traffic partner comparison
- Analysis of the peering relationship up to a year ago
These services are implemented for bits per second, packets per second, IPv4 and IPv6.
Layer 2 View
The layer 2 view shows detailed layer 2 information for VIX customers:
- Connections of the VIX participants
- MAC-Adresses of all participating Routes
We want to help our customers to ease debugging, and provide easy access to data, which every customer could also get out of his router configuration. This view is being refreshed 'almost live' every 2 minutes from the VIX switches.
Non-IP Traffic and Layer 2 Problems
In the portal you can also find a menu called IXP-Watch. This tool shows amongst other information, which MAC-Adresses are arping for which hosts. You can get some useful information about misconfigured hosts. Beyond that it also shows non-IP traffic at the Internet Exchage.